Engineers Needed NOW!
Dear Radio User/Radio Enthusiast.
An opportunity has arisen at Roadphone NRB for an experienced Project Engineer to join our team, as a result of our continued growth and expansion.
We’re looking to recruit an experienced Project/System Engineer, who will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of new & existing radio systems, as well as occasional support to our hire division. The successful candidate shall be able to oversee the implementation of radio systems to the designed specification, and be able to adopt a logical & methodical attitude to troubleshooting. Ideally, the candidate will be based at our headquarters in Bourne, Lincolnshire, where they will be able to make the most of our industry-leading workshop facilities, but will also spend a large proportion of time away from the office at customer’s sites.
Why come and work for Roadphone NRB:
Roadphone NRB is a friendly and vibrant workplace specialising in supplying two-way radios for hire, short and long term, as well as permanent endurance systems to major clients through the United Kingdom and Europe. Benefits you will receive from the job include:
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Use of a company car or van (for business and personal use)
- All tools, computers, laptops and uniform provided
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Health insurance scheme (subject to eligibility)
What is required to be a Two-Way radio Project/System Engineer?
- Have demonstratable experience working with DMR radio systems from Motorola Solutions and Hytera
- Have a strong working knowledge of Linux, IP and computer systems including TCP/IP, networking and command line
- Have working knowledge of radio dispatch solutions, including TRBONet and Hytera’s SmartOne
- Understand the principles of RF, and have experience using test equipment and analysers
- Be able to conduct themselves in a positive and professional manner, both whilst in our offices and when working on customer’s sites
- Be able to provide clear and accurate reports to colleagues
- Be experienced in using a computer for everyday office-based tasks
- Be happy to consider trips away from home, whilst working on customer’s sites. There may be some need for occasional travel abroad, and as such, the successful candidate will hold (or be willing to obtain) a valid British passport.
- Have a full UK driving license
- Be comfortable working at height
- Value quality, accuracy and dedication as some of their key strengths
- Able to pass police and local authority vetting procedures. Applications may be subjected to an enhanced DBS check during the recruitment process
- Have a full and comprehensive grasp of the English language, and able to compile reports to colleagues and clients
- Work outside of normal office hours when required
- Take part in an on-call rota system
If you feel you have what it takes to fulfil the above role please do not hesitate to apply by sending your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you wish to discuss the opportunity further please call on 01778 421250.
Author: Roadphone NRB